The next meeting of South Lakeview Neighbors has moved to May 15.
All members are invited to join us starting at 7PM for some warm-up drinks and for pizza and more beer and wine that will follow the conclusion of the meeting issues. This is the final formal meeting of the season.
MEETING AT A GLANCE
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Location: Basement – St.Alphonsus Church
1429 W. Wellington
Agenda: Refreshments @ 7:00 PM. Meeting begins @ 7:30 PM.
- Good Neighbor Award – Fr.James Hurlbert
- Cook County Assessor – Real Estate Tax Appeal Process
- Election of Officers and Directors.
- Pizza, appetizers, beer, wine and pop
What happened at the April meeting?
- Two representatives from ComEd, Ms. Vanessa Williams and Ms. Kelly Jones, provided a presentation on the Alternative Energy Program.
- The potential owner/developer of the 1244 W. George St property presented plans for a single family house to be built under a zoning change from M-1-2 to RT-4.
- The Athenaeum, which is owned by St. Alphonsus, but was leased to a theater group has been allowed to run down over the last few years, with few performances at the site. St. Alphonsus has now taken over the operations of the Athenaeum.