The next meeting of South Lakeview Neighbors has moved to May 15.
All members are invited to join us starting at 7PM for some warm-up drinks and for pizza and more beer and wine that will follow the conclusion of the meeting issues. This is the final formal meeting of the season.
MEETING AT A GLANCE
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Location: Basement – St.Alphonsus Church
1429 W. Wellington
Agenda: Refreshments @ 7:00 PM. Meeting begins @ 7:30 PM.
- Good Neighbor Award – Fr.James Hurlbert
- Cook County Assessor – Real Estate Tax Appeal Process
- Election of Officers and Directors.
- Pizza, appetizers, beer, wine and pop
What happened at the April meeting?
- Two representatives from ComEd, Ms. Vanessa Williams and Ms. Kelly Jones, provided a presentation on the Alternative Energy Program.
- The potential owner/developer of the 1244 W. George St property presented plans for a single family house to be built under a zoning change from M-1-2 to RT-4.
- The Athenaeum, which is owned by St. Alphonsus, but was leased to a theater group has been allowed to run down over the last few years, with few performances at the site. St. Alphonsus has now taken over the operations of the Athenaeum.
Read more about these issues and find other important neighborhood news in the May Newsletter. Missed an issue? You can read past newsletters here.