Alderman Tunney’s office and the Chicago Police have issued the following community alert:
Wanted for Armed Robbery with a Handgun- 19th District
About this Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens in the 19th District of several armed robbery incidients that have occurred during the month of July. In these incidents, two offenders approached victims on the street or in alleys and robbed them of their wallets, money, and cell phones at gun point. The incidents have occurred in the late evening and morning hours.
Incident time and location (by block of occurrence):
- 1500 block of W. Altgeld St. – Jul. 21, 2013, 1:05 a.m.
- 1500 block of W. George St. – Jul. 21, 2013, 1:15 a.m.
- 1300 block of W. Grace St. – Jul 27, 2013, 11:00 p.m.
- 1200 block of W. Belmont Ave. – Jul 30, 2013, 4:08 a.m.
- 4700 block of N. Hermitage Ave. – Jul 30, 2013, 10:30 p.m.
- 1400 block of W. Roscoe St. – Jul 30, 2013, 11:35 p.m.
About the Offenders:
There are two offenders described as male African Americans or male Hispanics,18-35 years of age. In two incidents, one of the offenders is described as having a shaved or bald head. In each incident, the offenders are seen exiting a vehicle prior to the armed robbery or seen leaving in a vehicle. Vehicle descriptions vary but include a red 2 door Toyota; a beige sedan; and a black Chevrolet.
What you can do:
- Report any suspicious people or vehicles in the area.
- Be aware of this crime and alert neighbors in the area.
- Pay special attention to anyone loitering in the area.
- Call 911 and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description, license plate information and direction of flight.
- If you have any information about these incidents, contact the Bureau of Dectectives- Area North at (312)-744-8263. Anonymous Tips can be submitted to TIPSOFT.COM.