Tuesday, October 8
St. Alphonsus Church basement
1429 W. Wellington
Doors open at 7
Meeting starts at 7:30
The weather for Tuesday is set to be somewhat appropriate for fall, with a waxing crescent moon. It will be a perfect evening to come out and meet with your neighbors.
On the agenda:
- State Representative Ann M. Williams
Now in her 2nd term, Ms. Williams will update the membership on various issues including Education budget cuts and available TIF funds, marriage equality and, of course, the $100 million unfunded pension liability
- Dog Training Center – Special Use Permit at Barry/Ashland strip mall.
Murguia ZR Chicago.LLC, d/b/a Zoom Room Chicago has applied for a special use with the Zoning Board of Appeals for the property located at 3055 N. Ashland Ave., so as to allow the property to be used as a self-contained dog training facility.
We may also hear from the management of the Diag Bar, regarding changes they’ve made since our last meeting. According to Alderman Waguespack’s office, there was a hearing resulting in fines for the bar and promises of corrective measures:
1. Removed the speakers from the patio
2. Ordered another dumpster and has scheduled an extra pick up
3. Ordered “Respect your neighbors” signs
4. Power washed the alley
5. Has disconnected the subwoofers and had a sound person check the bass level
6. Will hire some guys to p/u trash near the bar
What happened at the last meeting? It’s covered in the October newsletter.