3114 N. Southport Zoning Board of Appeals Hearing
Are you wondering what is going on with 3114 N. Southport?
The owner of that building has been trying to expand its capacity beyond the zoning for years, which is why it looks the way it does now. The frequent attempts at rehabbing the building have been shut down by the city for various reasons including doing construction without a permit.
Now, the owner or developer is going before the Zoning Board of Appeals to legitimize their actions. If you’d like to attend the meeting, it will be on Friday April 25 at 2pm at 121 N. LaSalle, room 200.
2nd Annual South Lakeview Neighbors Block Clean-up
Once again, South Lakeview Neighbors is asking its members to help clean up our neighborhood. Saturday, April 26 is the official Citywide Clean and Green Day. SLN is organizing our 2nd paper litter clean-up. Simply volunteer to pick up paper litter and the hundreds of cigarette butts on your block only.
- SATURDAY – 4/26/14 at 10:00 AM,in conjunction with the City of Chicago Clean-up
- Location – your Block only.
- Start at east end of block
- Purpose – pick up paper litter, cigarette butts, solid city trash, etc.. No sweeping.
- Equipment needed – trash bag and maybe some disposable vinyl gloves (available at Sherwin Williams on Ashland)
Contact Bill Haderlein at email@example.com or 773-348-4516 (Chicagoland Deck) to let us know that you are covering your block.
And afterwards, SLN will sponsor a gathering
- Meet your fellow cleaner-uppers for some free drinks sponsored by SLN
- Meet at the Temple Bar – Ashland & Wellington 12PM NOON