2936 N. Southport Ave
Doors open at 7:00; Meeting begins at 7:30
- Herdegan Funeral Home – Developer Plan
- Wrigley Field Scoreboard Noise
- Lincoln/Southport/Wellington intersection update
- #11 Lincoln Ave Bus update
- Election of Officers and Directors
Herdegan Funeral Home
The current owner and developer will present plans for the redevelopment of this iconic property. Indications are that the facade will be preserved and retail will be included. It is believed that a zoning change will not be required.
Wrigley Field Scoreboard Noise
Residents in the SLN boundaries have clearly been hearing the new giant scoreboard and announcer most specifically during the Cubs night games. They have registered their complaints. Ms. Heather Way-Kitzes, formerly of the Lakeview Chamber of Commerce, now the Manager of Government and Neighborhood Relations for the Cubs will address this issue.
Lincoln/Southport/Wellington intersection (Lincoln Hub) construction update
Lee Crandell with the Lakeview Chamber of Commerce will update us on the construction and tweaking of the project. By the meeting date, most of the planters will be in place and painting of the street may have started.
Issues to be addressed could include:
- Backed-up traffic in the intersection
- Increase pedestrian safety
- Ambulance/emergency vehicles on Wellington
- Calming traffic pattern
- Increasing length of light on Southport.
- How snow plowing will be handled
#11 Lincoln Ave. Bus
47th Ward Alderman Ameya Pawar is leading a charge to get the #11 Bus reinstated. Recently, Jeff DeLong, Director of Marketing & Development attended a meeting sponsored by the Alderman Pawar. Mr. DeLong will update the membership on what happened.
Election of Officer and Directors
Here is the slate to be voted on for the 2015-2016 term:
- President: Steven Stern
- 1st Vice President: Sam Samatas
- 2nd Vice President: Jason Klein
- Recording Secretary: Bill Haderlein
- Treasurer: Ann Sychowski
- Corresponding Secretary: OPEN
- Directors: Returning – Mark Anderson, Robert Blitstein, Greg Brown Robert Taugner, Joan Gatz, Greg Newman, David Duggan, Susan Radzinowicz, Michael Valitchka
- New Directors: Amy Rosenwasser, Sharon Dugan
Candidates for all positions can be nominated from the floor.