ANNUAL HOLIDAY PARTY
- Will’s Northwoods Inn – 3030 N. Racine
- Tuesday, December 10: 6:30PM to 8:30PM (Note that the date in the newsletter is incorrect!)
- All food and drinks will be served in the Big White Tent.
- Open bar – beer, wine, well drinks and pop.
- Food – prepared on site by Will’s Northwoods
- PAID SLN Members, family and neighborhood friends are invited.
- New Members are welcome.
- All Advertisers are welcome
- You can pay your dues at the DOOR – $10.
- Holiday donations by SLN: Please note that all the proceeds from the raffles will go to The Lakeview Food Pantry. Prizes are donated and collected by the SLN Board. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
DONATION NOTES to SLN Members:
Consider a private donation to The Lakeview Pantry for the Holiday Season. Your cash donation to the Pantry can go far to help those in need during the Holiday Season and beyond. Go to their website at www.lakeviewpantry.org.
Athenaeum Theatre Restoration Fund:
The SLN monthly membership meetings are held at The Athenaeum Theatre in what has to be the coolest neighborhood group meeting venue in the City. The Athenaeum Theatre is raising $260,000 for “immediate” outside building repairs. Currently, $35,600 has been raised from the modest restoration fee on each ticket sold and individual donors. Go to their website for additional information on donating to the Restoration Fund at www.athenaeumtheatre.org
From the newsletter
Cook County Assessor Mr. Fritz Kaegi
For the first time in SLN history, the Cook County Assessor appeared in front of the SLN membership. Newly elected Assessor Mr. Fritz Kaegi took the podium and stated that he has been on the speaking circuit getting out the message on the changes at the Assessor’s office.
Read more in the newsletter — it was a very interesting presentation.
2933-35-37 N. Southport and 2956 N. Lincoln – Developer Plan
The Developer and his Architect presented his plan for this oddly shaped group of four non-conforming city lots that he named Southport Key as together the lots somewhat resemble a key. The Developer stated that no zoning change is needed for his proposal but some Zoning adjustments were needed for the Development to be approved.
Read more in the newsletter — There are a lot (no pun) of details and the discussion was somewhat contentious. The vote of those in attendance was 2 to 1 opposed to the development as presented.
We’re looking for a few good neighbors to join the SLN board
Due to a Director relocation, SLN is looking for a Director for the 2019-2020 season. According to the SLN by-laws, the duty of the Director is to attend the board meetings to lend advice. A Director also helps plan the monthly membership meetings, makes suggestions for future meetings or head a committee. The Board meetings are normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30PM for the months of August-November and January-May. If interested contact SLN at firstname.lastname@example.org.