First of all, here’s the February Newsletter, hot off the presses.
Tuesday, February 13
2936 N. Southport
7:00 Meeting Starts
- 1246 W George, repurposing a M1-2 manufacturing building into a 3 story residential RT-4 similar to other nearby buildings. This plan and the developer are controversial with immediate neighbors and hopefully some resolution can occur. The Neighborhood Development Review Committe e [NDRC] has recommended approval of the current submitted plan.
- 1503 W George, rezoning a double lot with a current 3 flat and coachouse into two RT-4 lots to accommodate a new single family home on the new east parcel. There are a lot of moving parts and issues with this plan and the NDRC review is initially not to recommend. The developer has a unique idea which he wishes to present to the community at large.
- 1211-13 W Belmont, razing two old frame buildings [Murphy’s Hot Dogs] on two standard lotswith legacy M1 -2 zoning to B2-3 to facilitate a 4 1/2 story 8 unit building. The NDRC review appreciates the development but only to a -2 density which limits it to 3 1/2 stories 6 units which is in more alignment with the rest of the area.
More details on these developments are in the newsletter. Please review the details prior to the meeting!
March Preview: Looking ahead to March, we have a possible zoning change on Southport/Barry, a Temple Bar revival presentation, Chamber of Commerce presentation/discussion on changing Lincoln Ave to A PEDESTRIAN DESIGNATION street affecting future development and a couple brief introductions to some candidates for US Congress etc.
Also for your consideration, we have openings for some concerned residents to join our board of directors -requires an additional meeting/month usually the eve of 3rd Tuesday. Additionally, if you have some background in law, zoning, architecture or construction/contracting the NDRC could also use your help. Development reviews are scheduled as needed.
What’s happening in the neighborhood? What’s going on with the Blue Park? What was consumed at the Holiday Party? What’s the latest from the CPD program formerly known as CAPS? How can you get some funding to install security cameras? You guessed it! It’s in the newsletter.
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
6:30 – 8:30 PM
Will’s Northwoods Inn
3030 N. Racine
Agenda: Drinks and socializing
- Eating – food by Will’s Northwoods Inn
- Raffle – Split the Pot, liquor and gift certificate raffle with proceeds going to The Lakeview Food Pantry
- More drinking, some socializing
All PAID SLN MEMBERS, family and friends are invited. DUES can be PAID at the Door.
- Sam remembers Thanksgiving
- News from the CAPS beat meetings
- Review of the November SLN School Forum
- 3045 N. Ashland zoning change
- News from Ald. Scott Waguespack
- News from the Athenaeum Theatre
- News from St. Alphonsus
- Real Estate news
Read more in the December Newsletter and please support our newsletter advertisers.
First things first, the November Newsletter is hot off the presses.
Everyone in the area is invited to the meeting. Bring your neighbors. There is no charge to attend.
The South Lakeview Neighbors school forum will be held on Tuesday, November 14 at 7:00 PM at the Athenaeum Theatre. It is your opportunity to hear directly from the principals of the schools that serve South Lakeview. The application deadline for school choice is December 15. 2017.
Lakeview H.S., Burley, Agassiz, and St. Alphonsus will be represented. Information will be shared about each school, its academic focus, special programs, parental involvement, and notable achievements. After the presentations, the principals will take questions from the audience.
If you are the parent of a prospective or current student or if you are just a concerned community member who understands the value of an excellent neighborhood school to the strength of the community, come out and meet these principals.
The families of South Lakeview do not have to leave the neighborhood to attend some of the best schools in the city!
The Forum begins at 7PM, doors open at 6:30. Cash bar with proceeds supporting the Athenaeum Theatre restoration fund.
At the October meeting….
We talked about two zoning changes. Details are in the November Newsletter .
Mark your calendar for the Holiday Party
Will’s Northwoods Inn under the Tent
6:30 – 8:30PM
What’s the scoop on our local schools? How do you know which one to pick?
At our second (annual?) Education Forum, meet the principals for four local schools: St. Alphonsus, Agassiz, Burley, and Lakeview HS.
There will be short presentations and lots of time for Q&A.
Tuesday, November 14
Doors open at 6:30 PM