First things first —
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
6:30PM to 8:30PM
Will’s Northwoods Inn – 3030 N. Racine
- Hot appetizers prepared by Will’s kitchen
- Desserts supplied by SLN Officers & Directors
- Beer, wine and pop donated by Will’s Northwoods Inn
- Cash bar for other alcoholic drinks
- World famous liquor basket raffle
- Split the Pot raffle
- FREE for all PAID MEMBERS, family and friends
Donations to The Lakeview Pantry
Please help The Lakeview Pantry during this Holiday season to help feed those who are less fortunate. Recent cuts in the Food Stamp Program have left families and food pantries scrambling to make ends meet. Cash or check donations to the Lakeview Pantry are preferred as The Pantry can allocate funds where needed. Canned food donations will also be accepted. Bring your donation to the Holiday Party or donate directly.
At the November Meeting
- There was a “spirited” discussion about the Diag Bar (Southport and George).
- We had a good presentation about the Affordable Care Act
- We learned about a local business, Lakeshore Sports Physical Therapy (on Southport)
The newsletter goes into a good deal of detail on each of these points. To learn about how South Lakeview Neighbors can provide a strong voice local businesses, our Alderman and other government leaders read about the Diag discusssion.
It’s not all heavy sledding
Also in the newsletter, Bill H. wanders the neighborhood and lets us know what he’s heard and seen, there’s a report from the CAPS meetings, and notes from Ald. Waguespack.
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) public meetings
As previously reported in the October 2013 SLN newsletter, BRT is coming to Ashland Ave. The 16 mile stretch from 95th Street to Irving Park Road is the site proposed by the City and CTA officials. Highlights of BRT are dedicating one lane of Ashland to larger bus only traffic, eliminating a lane of car traffic in each direction, left hand turns and parking on one side of the street. The CTA is holding public meetings about BRT:
- Tuesday, December 10 from 6-8PM – Benito Juarez Community Academy at 1450 W. Cermak Rd.
- Wednesday, December 11 from 6-8PM – Pulaski Park Field House at 1419 W. Blackhawk (1500 N.)
Go to BRTChicago.com for detailed information.