Tuesday, September 11
2936 N. Southport
6:30pm: Member socializing
7:00pm: Meeting begins
- Alderman Scott Waguespack: State of the Ward
The Alderman will give the membership his annual update on the Ward and City of Chicago operations. The Alderman will speak on specific Ward issues as well as City-wide politics and finances. This will be the 11th year the Alderman has presented issues to the SLN membership to start out the SLN season. Will the Alderman run for Mayor? Come to the meeting and maybe you will be the first to know.
- Congressman Mike Quigley
Member of the Select Intelligence Committee and the Appropriations Committee, the Congressman will stop by to update us on the latest doings in DC.
- Development of the parcel currently occupied by the Byline Bank at Southport & Belmont
This is not a zoning change issue. However, SLN has requested the Developer appear before the membership with their plans. This is the drive-through bank consisting of three lots. Plans are for a 4-story building wiht 1st floor commercial, including the Bank and 13 residential condos. Parking will be 1 per Unit with additional parking for the retail or bank. Preliminary plans show the project being lot-line to lot-line.
- Crime in the area: A presentation from Crime In Wrigleyville and Boystown (https://www.cwbchicago.com/)
A representative from this crime reporting website will discuss crime issue in the SLN and Lakeview area. Many SLN members receive immediate updates from this web-site detailing the increase in violent crime in our immediate area that we would normally not be aware of. CWBChicago often scoops the Tribune and Sun-Times on local crime reporting.
- Welcome to a new business: Breakfast House
The Owners will introduce themselves and describe the operations of this recently opened breakfast/lunch restaurant.
Is there more? Of course! Read the September newsletter.
The newsletter includes:
- Highlights of the summer party, including the Beer Popularity Poll
- A review of 2017-2018 in South Lakeveiw
- Observations from a neighborhood walk
- News from our elected officials
- Lincoln/Belmont /Ashland Intersection InterimSafety Improvements from CDOT
- News from the Lakeview Chamber and SSA27
South Lakeview Neighbors is supported by….
The newsletter and SLN’s other activities are supported by our newsletter advertisers, and members like you.
Please view the ads in the newsletter and, when visiting one of those businesses, let them know you saw the ad.
Renew your membership or sign up as a new member. Click the links on our website.