2936 N. SOUTHPORT
6:30pm – Member socializing
7:00pm – Meeting begins
Our upcoming Oct 9 meeting should be very interesting and interactive.
- The relatively new El Tequilas Restaurant/Bar at 2836 N Lincoln will introduce themselves and will be requesting a “PPA” license, Public Place of Amusement, to allow for trivia nights and Mariachi music on weekends. This is a voting issue.
- Also, the city is revamping the beleaguered 311 call center service. A discussion, a proposal and a real chance by residents to offer input will be conducted by reps from the Dept of Innovation & Technology.
- Finally, the owners of an unusual sized lot at 2930 N Lakewood will be presenting their Single Family House proposal. They are requesting a zoning change from RS-3 to RS-3.5 to accommodate a 15% larger house on a very undersized non-conforming lot. This will be another advisory voting issue.
What happened at the September meeting?
It was chock full of content:
- Alderman Scott Waguespack
- Congressman Mike Quigley
- Presentation from CWBChicago on the real crime stats in our neighborhood
- Presentation from the developers of the Byline Bank (Southport & Belmont) project
- Presentation from Breakfast House
- Upcoming events at the Athenaeum
You can read all about it in the October Newsletter.