Right off the (World Series?) bat, here’s a link to the October newsletter. What happened at the September meeting? What’s going on in the neighborhood? What happened with that zoning thing? Alderman said what? It’s in the October newsletter.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2016
2936 N. SOUTHPORT
6:30PM – Member socializing
7:00PM – Meeting begins
- Congressman Mike Quigley
- 1333 W. Wolfram – zoning change
CONGRESSMAN MIKE QUIGLEY
Congressman Quigley has told SLN that most 2nd Tuesdays of the month he is normally in Washington D.C. conducting business. There is a break in the action this month and the Congressman requested to appear before the SLN membership.
Mr. Quigley is currently serving on the following committees or subcommittees:
- Founder and co-chair of the Congressional Transparency Caucus.
- Member of the House Committee in Appropriations.
- Subcommittee on Financial Services.
- Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development.
- Appointed by Nancy Pelosi to serve on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (oversees the activities of the entire Intelligence Community).
- NSA and Cyber-security Subcommittee.
- Emerging Threats Committee.
1333 W. WOLFRAM – Up Zoning request
The owner/developer of the property is requesting a zoning upgrade from RS-3 to RT-4.0 in order to build an oversize single family home similar to the house at 1331 W. Wolfram. 1333 Wolfram is currently the side yard for the single family home at 1331 Wolfram.
A little zoning history: During his term, former Alderman Ted Matlak received a zoning upgrade request for 1331 and 1333 Wolfram from RS-3 to RT-4 to build two over-sized single family houses. This request was rejected by SLN’s NDRC. Alderman Matlak decided to allow 1331 parcel the RT-4 upgrade, as long as the 1333 parcel remained RS-3. The 1333 parcel was never built on and became 1331 Wolfram’s side yard.
This is a voting issue. The neighbors nearby will be flyered before the meeting and allowed to vote along with all paid members of SLN.
Member Socializing – 6:30 to 7:00 in the Athenaeum Lobby.
The Athenaeum opens its bar for members to purchase some beer, wine or pop before the start of the monthly meeting. Come a little earlier to the meeting for some member socializing. Your purchase helps support the operations of The Athenaeum Theatre.