SLN invites all members, family and friends to the Annual Summer Shindig.
Meet fellow members and neighbors!
- DATE: Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- PLACE: Will’s Northwoods Inn @ 3030 N. Racine
- TIME: 6:30PM-8:30PM
- LOCATION: in the outside Beer Garden. Rain or shine.
- PRICE: Free for all paid members, family and friends and those who live within the SLN boundaries and wish to join. Children and all babies are encouraged and welcome.
- FOOD: Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, plus chef wild card items
- DRINKS = OPEN BAR
- SPLIT the POT RAFFLE to benefit THE LAKEVIEW PANTRY.
This is the date of the MLB All-Star game so there should be no real parking or transportation issues.
RECRUIT YOUR NEIGHBOR and BRING THEM ALONG.
BUT, you ask, WHAT ABOUT THE NEWSLETTER?
Glad you asked! Download it here.
Thanks to Ann Gruber from Ashland Lock & Home Security for an interesting presentation (really!) on what it takes to really lock a door and secure our dwellings.
Thanks to Bob and Gina Hartwig and new general manager Ian McFarlin from Bakin’ and Eggs to talk about the changes coming to that establishment.
As always, thanks to Heather Ways Kitzes from the Cubs, who told us of the latest Cubs doings for the neighborhood (but somehow forgot to bring the championship trophy along with her).
We’d also like to thank Congressman Mike Quigely, who stopped by the May meeting to report on that day’s doings in Washington. Mr. Quigley is a member of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.